Welcome to 2021! Something tells me that we need to continue depending on God!
1) Retreat Postponed Until March: We had planned on gathering at Nicholl’s barn on January 16 and 17 for a day and half of prayer, reflection, and seeking the Lord regarding the future direction of LoveFirst Coast. It seemed wise to me and the rest of the stewards to postpone due to the current surge of Covid-19 cases. We will try again in March.
2) Time of Prayer and Fasting to Begin Sunday, January 10. The original plan was to fast 10 days ahead of the retreat. With the postponement, it seems to make more sense to delay a few days. Kent and Kris are beginning 21 days of fasting on January 10. That would last through the end of the month. It’s often a better experience if we fast alongside one another and encourage one another. I invite you to consider joining in with them for all or part of the time. For any who can make it, let’s do a short Zoom gathering on Sunday night, January 10 at 7:00 to pray for each other.
3) I have created a resource for prayer, reflection, and fasting for ten days. It includes a daily scripture, a devotional, and some questions to help us think about LoveFirst Coast. I’ll print out a fair number to distribute but will also post it online one day at a time beginning January 10. I’ll try to send links to it via text. You can invite others to join in that way. (It may grow! Let me know if you’d like to contribute a devotional!)
4) We serve a generous God who calls us to live generously. With 2020 behind us, I’m happy to report that from the gifts to LoveFirstCoast, we were able to give away over $10,000 to organizations or individuals doing life on mission. Joy characterized the giving and receiving!
5) Stewards – we meet at 1pm on January 24.
Hope to see you next Sunday night at 7:00pm on Zoom!