Here are some dates to put on your calendar. If you want to host one of the gatherings, send an email.
Missional Community Gatherings: Throughout the New Testament, you will find the phrase “one another”: love one another, pray for one another, be kind and compassionate to one another, encourage one another, etc. We can’t do these one- another things alone. They require community, and community requires spending time together. We encourage people to spend time with each other two ways: 1) coming to organized events. 2) just getting together organically. The organized gatherings are a great way to start, and a great way to come into the community. We typically get together in an organized way twice a month in order to “spur one another on to love and good deeds…” (Hebrews 10:24-25) If you’d like to be a part, let us know!
- Sunday, Oct 13 – 6-8pm – Gathering at the Alexanders
- Sunday, Oct 27 – 6-8pm – Gathering
- Saturday Nov 2 – 6-8pm Healing Prayer at Nicholl’s Barn
- Saturday, Nov 9 – 9:00-1:00 Half Day Retreat at the Bays
- Sunday, Nov 17 – 6-8pm Gathering
- Sunday, Dec 8 – 6-8pm Gathering
- Dec 20 or 21 – 6-8pm Party
- Discipleship Groups and Bible Studies are on-going. Stop by a gathering to learn more.
Threshold Crossing Opportunities Jesus would often pull his disciples out of their daily routine and lead them to a place and time where he could let them know more about who he was. Breakthrough often resulted – and the disciples saw the world differently. That’s why we encourage and recommend retreats, mission trips, and time at camp. We get out of our routine and see Jesus differently than we did before. There are several upcoming events. If you feel Jesus is inviting you, maybe now is a good time to respond!
- Oct 17-20: Womens Great Banquet
- Nov 7-10: Mens Great Banquet
- Feb 21-23: LFC Retreat @ ECO Lodge
Opportunities to Serve
- w/ Young Life – see Jesse, Nicholl, or Tom
- w/ an Evangelistic Outreach team around Jacskonville – see Nicholl
- w/ Teen Moms and Babies through Young Lives – see Lee or Rita
- w/ Grieving Families -see Norma
- w/ Special Needs Kids & Families – see Heather
- in Nocatee – see Tom or Barbara
- on the 210 Area – see Sara or Brandon
- in Julington Creek – see Jesse or Heather
- For us to grow more deeply aware of how Jesus touches every aspect of our life.
- For us to grow in our ability to speak the truths of Jesus into one another’s lives.
- For Christ, who lives in us by the power of the Holy Spirit, to do something in us and through us wherever we find ourselves.
Hurricane Dorian Update
At one of our gatherings a few weeks ago, we talked about how to help with relief in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian. You can read about that here. But we decided to send some money. As of today, we’ve sent $2555 to Nazarene Compassionate Ministries (NCM.ORG). We chose that route mainly because they work through churches in the affected areas that are a part of the relief effort. We did something similar after Hurricane Michael. If you want to give, here’s a link to their Dorian Relief Page.
Something to Think On
“If we are to help one another grow up into Christ in every way, we need to learn how to speak the truths of Christ into everything – every aspect of life, every situation we face, and every issue we address.” Gospel Fluency, Jeff Vanderstelt.