We’re hoping to release a small conspiracy of blessing on March 13-14. Wherever you are, you can participate. Here are a few ideas in case you aren’t sure how to bless others. The goal is to bless three people and eat with three others over that two day period. Make sure that at least one of the people you bless and one of the people you eat with are not part of your usual group of friends.
Here you go:
- Bake a dessert and deliver it.
- Do you know someone who has their plate full? Pressure wash a neighbor’s driveway.
- Write an encouraging note or letter.
- Buy someone a cup of coffee.
- Invite a neighbor over to dinner just to get to know them better.
- Think about something one of your neighbor does well, and tell them so.
- Go out to dinner. Get to know your servers name. Leave a very generous tip with a short note that includes their name.
- Buy a friend lunch.
- Rake an older neighbor’s yard.
- Organize a block party.
- Deliver cookies to your neighbors just because.
- Do you know someone who’s financially strapped. Send them an anonymous gift card.
- Initiate a friendship.
- Hold the door for a stranger.
- Recognize someone who’s doing a good job and tell them so.
- Write a note to one of your kid’s teachers and tell them you appreciate the time they give to your kid’s education.
- Call up an old friend.
- Let someone know you are making a meal for them and deliver it.
- Write a thank you to someone who made a difference in your life.
I bet you can come up with more ideas!
But the main thing is to remember to go do it!